Institute for Sustainable Development (ISD) is Slovenian based institution focusing on supporting the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs). The Sustainable Development Goals were set by the international community as part of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development through which countries of the world collectively pledged to eradicate poverty, find sustainable and inclusive development solutions, ensure everyone’s human rights, and generally make sure that no one is left behind. The Sustainable Development Goals are vital for a recovery that leads to greener, more inclusive economies, and stronger, more resilient societies.
ISD supports European Union sustainability policies to be implemented in practice through development of bottom-up projects on the national and international level. For doing so, it uses broad network of national and international partners with a common goal to promote prosperity while protecting the planet.
Institute for Sustainable Development supports European Commission priorities with the following actions:
- European Green Deal: projects focusing on circular economy, bioeconomy, energy efficiency and sustainable energy, sustainable living.
- Economy that works for the people: open innovation and co-creation, public participation in decision making, quintuple helix design, sustainable business support, corporate social responsibility.
- Europe fit for digital age: smart cities, Industry 5.0, innovative ICT solutions.
- Stronger Europe in the world: international cooperation
- European Democracy: gender equality, actions to support deprivileged groups.
17 Sustainable Development Goals